Administrative and Logistics Assistant
As SKETCHURE’s next “Administrative and Logistics Assistant” you will be responsible for offering and coordinate a variety of office, logistics and administrative services to support to the CEO and other professional staff, including to ensure effective and timely follow-up on requests for information, briefings and other actions while liaising with concerned staff and managers as appropriate in the planning, monitoring and delivery of in all the phases of the needed tasks.
The individual in this position must have outstanding presentation skills because they will prepare reports and present on behalf of the CEO in meetings and other settings. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
Employment: Full Time
Office hours: 9 am to 5 pm (unless assigned to stay later fulfilling work requirements)
Working days: Sunday through Thursday, with weekends on Friday and Saturday. Work-related obligations sometimes require weekend attendance
Roles and responsibility
Under the overall supervision of CEO and in close coordination with other professional staff, the Administrative Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Provide and/or coordinate a variety of office and administrative services to support to the CEO other professional staff, including to ensure effective and timely follow-up on requests for information, briefings and other actions while liaising with concerned staff and managers as appropriate
- Provide administrative support to other members of the Department such as the preparation of personnel actions (PAs), external payment authorizations (EPAs), purchase orders (POs), travel authorizations (TAs), purchase requests (PRs) and follow up with relevant administrative services for their processing
- Edit, review and correct correspondence, reports, documents prepared by himself/herself and/or other staff for format, spelling and grammar
- Record, and monitor the distribution of mail, correspondence and documents and distribute to staff of the work unit
- Collaborate in maintaining the CEO’s and Department’s appointments
- Recommend deadlines and follow-up dates, and coordinate responses
- Follow up on the status of work in progress involving the preparation of correspondence and reports
- Liaise with various technical units and service areas throughout the Company and with external services to ensure financial and administrative arrangements and the timely delivery
- Monitor the progress of document preparation and distribution for meetings and liaise with various panel members and experts regarding administrative and logistical related matters
- Perform any other job-related duties as required
Technical/Functional Skills required
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial/travel/Human Resources systems and administrative procedures and policies
- Excellent MS Office skills (excel, power point, word), Outlook, Pdf file converter
- Good knowledge of the organizational structure
- Ability to do multitasking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to details
- Capable of delivering high-quality renderings with speed & adherence to the deadlines
- Professionalism – Ability and experience across a broad range of administrative functions, which should include budget/work programme, human resources and database management; A high degree of commitment to ensure the proper use of the company’s resources; Working independently with a high degree of responsibility. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning & Organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amounts of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to business, economics or public administration from an accredited University
- Excellent command of two working languages (English/Arabic)
How To Apply
Please apply by August 20, 2019, and include
- Resume summarizing your education and work experience
- Cover letter
This position is open until filled
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume plus portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Video Director-Photographer / Editor” in the subject line.
“The SKETCHURE is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.“